Mechanical Assembly Technician
The Mechanical Assembly Tech position is responsible to support Operations Management and Project Management by providing professional service and support for Remtec Automation customers. Responsibilities include performing assembly and troubleshooting of robotic automation equipment before shipment, perform field service installations, startup, repairs, and maintenance of Remtec Automation. This position will support and be an integral part of the project team which means understanding and managing hours to complete versus actual for positive results, support engineering and customer questions.
- Work from blueprints, pneumatic schematics, BOMs, sketches, and verbal instructions to layout and assemble custom automated machinery.
- Rig larger equipment into place (conveyors, robots, MCP, etc.)
- Modify components to fit at assembly.
- Mounting devices (drilling & tapping or welding)
- Identify and route pneumatic tubing from valves to devices.
- Maintain a project build book and red line any changes to be documented by engineering.
- Support projects through all phases (build, debug, run-off, tear-down, shipment, and installation)
- Troubleshoot mechanical & pneumatic components/systems of a project.
- Assist other disciplines during all phases of the project (electricians, fabrication, engineering, etc.)
- Safely operate fork truck for material/equipment workflow.
- Overtime may be necessary as workload dictates (weekdays or weekends)
- Travel to customer sites to install equipment (10-15% travel estimate).
- Good organization skills and the ability to function with minimal supervision.
- High mechanical aptitude.
- Familiarity with proper rigging techniques of robots and other equipment.
- Proper use of power hand tools (drill, jig saw, hammer drill, etc.)
- Familiarity with OSHA safety requirements.
- Ability to travel to support installation of equipment.
- Must have own tools.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, climb, and reach.