Forming the foundation for automated product traceability, barcodes are machine readable data representations of the product to which they are attached.
Remtec’s code reading options coupled with our traceability software can be integrated with facility data monitoring systems to establish a solid traceability program for your organization.
Types of Code Reading & Traceability
There are two basic categories of barcodes: 1D (one-dimensional) and 2D (two-dimensional). The primary difference between 1D and 2D barcode scanning lies in the design and amount of data that can be stored. Automated code reading can encompass many types of 1D and 2D codes:
- Code 39
- Code 128
- Interleaved 2 of 5
- Data Matrix
- And more
Not only can our systems read well marked preprinted labels, but they can also read direct part marks and codes that have limited contrast, confusing backgrounds, and limited damage. Optical Character Recognition (or OCR) and human readable character verification can also be a useful tool to manufacturers.
Industries that Benefit from Robotic Code Reading & Traceability
- Food & Beverage
- Consumer Goods
- Life Sciences
Why Choose Remtec?
Remtec is your qualified source code reading and traceability automation. We are a Certified Systems Integrator for FANUC, Cognex, and Keyence, industry leaders in robotic technology. Our specialization includes accreditation as a FANUC Certified Vision Specialist. As your robotic automation partner, Remtec offers you the benefits of:
- Countless applications in the field
- Training and implementation of all processes
- Flexibility and experience in determining the proper solution
- Remtec has a well stocked vision lab with the cameras, lenses, lighting, filters, and software needed to evaluate your process needs
- Remtec can also provide product labeling (inkjet, label application, print & apply labeling, etc.) as well as direct part marking (laser, inkjet, dot peen, etc.).
- Our code reading solutions are commonly integrated with our automation work cells or existing manufacturing lines
Another advantage Remtec offers you is the ability to work with third party integrated systems. Although the Fanuc robot guidance packages are the simplest to integrate, if you have a special application or a widely deployed vision system in the facility, our team will work with your preferences.