Robotic bag palletizing is a common and specialized type of robotic palletizing. These systems receive bags from filling equipment that ranges in size from 20 to 100 or more pounds and transports them to an automated cell. The systems condition the bags for better stacking, space them for picking, and robots place them on pallets.
Bag palletizers are used in bulk material packaging facilities. Stacking bags at rates up to 18 – 20 bags/minute per robot, productivity levels achieved with bag palletizing far surpass that of human labor.
Bag palletizing automation can be a simple process that stacks on floor-located pallets or a higher rate system can utilize automated pallet handling.
How Bag Palletizing Robots Improve Processes
Bag palletizing systems are highly customizable. Specialized bag conditioning conveyors can level the material in the bags for stable stacking, and systems can be used to buffer products. A wide variety of bag sizes can be accommodated with manual or servo adjustable gripper designs. Automated bag palletizing results in:
- Maximized Filler Capacity
- Reduction of Workplace Injuries
- More Stable Unit Loads for Shipping
- Reduced Bag Puncture/Tearing vs Manual Operations
Safety is a key advantage gained with bag palletizing automation. When workers have to continuously lift heavy bags, they are placed at risk for back injuries and other types of health issues. Robots are better suited for these tasks and allow employees to focus on safer, more interesting tasks.
Industries that Use Bag Palletizing Robotics
- Food Processing
- Pet Supplies
- Bulk Grains and Salt Operations
- Sand and Gravel Production
- Building Supplies
Why Choose Remtec?
Remtec is one of the leading robotic integrators in North America. Our team has developed bag palletizing systems for a wide range of applications. As your robotic automation partner, Remtec offers you the benefits of:
- Customized bag conveying from filler to robot
- Bag layover devices
- Integrated check weighing and bag reject for under/overweight products
- Automatic labeling integrated to bar code reading and/or plant production systems
- Simple product changeover
- Tray handling
- Automated pallet feeding and handling
- Harsh environment options
- Bag depalletizing
- Barcode reading, label verification, and product tracking
- Automatic load wrapping
- Automatic Guided Vehicle (AGV) interfacing
- Ethernet integration with plant and DC enterprise systems
For customers who are new to robotics, we work with you to make the integration process easy and accessible. From employee robot training to user-friendly traditional HMI based controls, we make transitioning to robotic automation as smooth and simple as possible.